Nevadaworks Layoff Aversion Funding
Nevadaworks has created this layoff aversion funding program because it believes that assisting business and industry in the skill development of existing employees is key to combating unemployment in Northern Nevada. By investing in the incumbent workers of Northern Nevada, Nevadaworks is not only helping to keep individuals out of the ranks of the unemployed, but is helping to increase productivity and directly impacting the bottom line of businesses in our service region.
Layoff aversion funding is available to employers and organizations who are facing a potential layoff of employees in the foreseeable future and if they demonstrate that this workforce training will save jobs.
Who is this for?
Nevadaworks will focus on projects where employers seek to train employees in the following ways:
- Training in additional roles within the same business, creating well rounded employees
- Training in industry specific skills that are in high demand due to changes in the economic climate
- Training that increases employee productivity through more efficient and cost-effective methods of production
- Training in basic employment skills that have a history of causing layoffs if unmet
- Other potential layoff strategies presented by employers.
Ongoing as employers need training resources to avoid pending layoffs and to save jobs
No fee to apply for funding