Innovative College Recruiting Strategies
Improve your college recruiting with these recruiting strategies!
Local universities and community colleges have traditionally been a great resource for companies to find and hire new employees especially as graduation nears for thousands of new graduates in Nevada.
In today’s recruiting environment, companies need to do more than attend campus job fairs to find the right candidates. To be truly successful, companies should work towards making a year round investment and presence on college campuses to build your company image, increase visibility and name recognition with students.
Below are a few ideas to help you create your own collegiate recruiting strategies:
- Post Open Positions on College On-line Job Boards
- Host Information Sessions/Tables at College Events
- Attend Student Networking Events and Interact with Student Groups
- Offer Sponsorships and Scholarships
- Offer to be a Guest Speaker
- Participate in On Campus Recruitment Programs
- Advertise in Student Newspapers
- Develop Relationships with Key College Personnel
- Participate in Student Preparation Events such as Mock Interviews
- Participate in Employer Panels
- Offer Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Offer Events/Tours at your Company
Visit NevadaEmployerHelp.com for additional employer workforce assistance and local agency listings.
For more information on the above strategies or to work with the UNR College of Business contact: